Sodium Sulfacetamide has antibiotic qualities. It decreases the number of acne-causing bacteria in your pores.
Brand Names: Klaron, Ovace.
- After gently washing your face, apply the medications to your bare hands and then gently massage it into the affected area.
- Do not wash off.
Tips to avoid skin dryness:
Some people experience skin dryness when consistently applying this medication. If your skin begins to dry out, you can change your routine to reduce it. Try the steps below and if you still experience dryness, message your physician for help:
- Use the medication every other day instead of every day.
- Do not apply the medication to your skin if it is irritated. You can skip a few days until the irritation resolves, and then resume applying.
- Apply a non-comedogenic moisturizer to the affected area after you have applied the medication to your face.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Continue to use the medication even if your condition improves.
- Try to wash your hands after applying the medication to ensure your hands do not dry out.
- If you are a female and become pregnant while taking this medication, stop using it immediately and contact your physician.
- You should not use the medication if you are allergic to sulfas or if you have kidney disease. You should not use this medication if you have many open sores on the skin. While serious side effects are rare, you should stop this medication immediately and message your physician if you develop new arthritis, fevers, or sores in the mouth.
Consistency is key!