IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you have an allergy to tetracycline medications.
- Do not lie down after taking this medication. Stay upright for at least 30 minutes.
HOW TO USE
- Take medication as directed by your dermatology team.
- Be sure to take medication with food and a full glass of water.
- The most common side effects of doxycycline are sun sensitivity, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and yeast infections. Doxycycline can become lodged in the espophagus if not taken with sufficient water where it can cause esophogits and ulceration.
- This medication will make you more sensitive to the sun. Be sure to apply broad-spectrum SPF 30+ sunscreen every morning, use wide-brimmed hats when outdoors, and avoid direct sun exposure, tanning beds, and sun lamps.
- Stop use of the medication and notify your dermatology team if you develop hives, joint pains, severe headaches, or double vision.
HOW TO STORE
- Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children.
- Store it at room temperature and away from light, excess heat, and moisture.